Here are some of my most popular
tips and tricks. Most have been acquired through years of lessons and clinics that I have taken with PSIA Instructors and
Examiners (read stolen). Some are my own original creations, and some are a hybrid of both.
"Follow Mees, Bend Zee Knees, Edge Zee Skiis, Watch Zee Trees, that will be twenty five dollars pleeze"
...Old German Ski Instructor's lesson plan.
Remember Any of These?
1. Skiing is a lazy man's sport!
(Just slump into your boots)
2. Tony knows ...
how to ski.
(He keeps his toes-knees-nose lined up)
do not stand up straight!
4. Twist and Boogie (Skiing is the ultimate dance,
but the mountain always
5. The grape, bug, orange, etc. trick.
(Squeeze a grape between your shin
and the front cuff of your boot and
one under the arch of your outside foot.)
6. Show Your "Skier Ahead" Sign.
(Wear a sign on your back
and keep it faced
7. Walk your poles to find proper hand position.
8. Transformer Turns.
9. Bulldozer Turns.
10. Marching Band.
11. Silly Seagull Turns.
12. I'm not telling you any more here
Come Ski With Me!